Sunday, February 7, 2010

How super is the Super Bowl this year?

When I was a kid I remember watching one of my first Super Bowl games with my Dad. It was the Raiders vs Vikings and it was incredible. I was a huge Raiders fan, Yes can you believe it, a Raiders fan! I loved watching Kenny Stabler, Dave Casper, Fred Biletnikoff, that's when football was football. You could actually tackle the QB without getting flagged. It wasn't about high priced contracts, it was for the love of the game the players bleed and sacrificed their bodies. It was a great time in NFL Football. It has been a long time, probably 15 years since I really have had an interest in the outcome of a Super Bowl Game (other then winning money!) I believe this year has meaning. I want to congratulate the New Orleans Saints, the Saints fans, and the Saints owner Tom Benson. There has never been another team or owner that has persevered more than the Saints or Mr. Benson? Mr. Benson had many opportunity's to pull a Robert Irsay (Baltimore Colts Owner) and leave New Orleans but didn't. He stayed through the loosing seasons and most impressively stayed through the turmoil and destruction of Hurricane Katrina. Has their ever been a better feeling about an NFL team? I'll be honest, I wasn't a huge Saints fan until now. It's a team that you want to win. It's a Team, Owner and City that deserves to win. It's a team that has given so much hope to the city on New Orleans and in return fans have given so much appreciation and thanks back to the team. I believe that most of America will be pulling for the Saints tonight, and why not, It makes us feel good to pull and cheer for them. So is this years Super Bowl super? I would have to say thanks to the Saints, yes!

1 comment: